Interested in submitting your entry? Great! Before we get started, let’s go over the contest rules. (Be sure to click the Terms and Conditions link below for all the fine print.)
So, you’re ready to enter the Storyland Design Challenge? Great!
As you might expect, we’ve got some ground rules to keep this ballgame fair and square. Our Terms & Conditions set the stage for the “who, what, where, and when” of the competition and boundaries to protect you and other entrants in pursuit of the prize.
They’ll also help you answer legal questions like “Can I infringe on a copyright?” (No way!) or existential questions like “Am I a real person?” (Hope so!)
Read the Terms & Conditions HERE.
For more information, read our Frequently Asked Questions HERE.
$100 USD PER ENTRY
Each entry costs $100.00 USD (or local equivalent). You’ll be asked to submit payment when you create your profile.
Storyland Studios will donate 100% of the registration fees we collect to a charitable organization or cause related to the themed entertainment industry.
The Design Challenge Winner will be the recipient of a $20,000 GRAND PRIZE* and have the opportunity to pitch their project to industry veterans at a spotlight session during the next Blooloop V-Expo!
* USD. International exchange rates apply.
Three additional finalists will be invited to present their projects during the Storyland Innovation Webinar.
Every entry will receive a one-year subscription to the Kitestring training platform (valued at $250).
Every entry will have the opportunity to be celebrated on the Storyland Design Challenge website, before being assessed by a panel of industry leaders. These storytelling experts will evaluate each submission in the following areas:
- Depth and Richness of Storytelling: Does it entertain, thrill, and excite?
- Emotional Resonance: Does it move people to act?
- Design Innovation: Does it push the boundaries of what’s been done before?
- Creative Use of Materials: Does it find new ways to use old tools and design methods?
- Executability: Is it doable?
- Ecological Compatibility: What’s the impact on the area where the project would be installed?